Monday, October 19, 2009

BP-17- Comment of Charis blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

BP#14_Kideos_Web 2.0 Tool

Kideos videos for kids is a wonderful website for parents and teachers to use with kids. This free website with no ads is a great alternative for children to securely watch videos online. Each video has been screened by a Video Advisory Council consisting of parents and teachers. This enables them to be in control of what their children/students are watching. What is appealing about this site is that the videos are grouped according to age. It is a very kid friendly site because they can navigate the site on their own. Parents and teachers can also have their own personal tools to choose videos that are age appropriate so that the child will only access videos that match their age. Kideos has videos added to the site daily after it’s reviewed by the Council. So kids will always have new videos to view.Much of the content is very diverse. It includes children’s television shows, movies, educational videos, music videos, songs, cartoon and book characters, cute animals, and much, much more. As I perused the site I clicked on a Berenstain Bears video. The video had been posted on youtube. Below the video, there was a short summary of the video along with the age level the video is for. Also, I could add to a playlist if I desired. Below the video there are related videos. After clicking on the video I was able to click on full view and the quality of the video was good. The age levels are 0-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, and 9-10 years. The implication for education allows teachers to utilize this to access the educational videos that are available. This site can be recommended by teachers to parents to give parents a safe alternative for their children. This allows parents to have control and be comfortable over the type of videos their children view.

1 COMMENTS:

my4brownsons said...

I think this a great resource to use within the classroom, as well as at home. I could definitely see parents who home school their children using a resource like as a teaching tool such as social skills.
I am happy that the site targets various educational grade levels, and topics. I will definitely recommend this site to my parents and I will use it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment