Sunday, October 4, 2009

BP 2-Educational practices as we know it should end!



Educational practices as we know it should end. It does not meet the needs of our students, it does not give our kids what they need to compete in this global society. Students need experiences that allow them to explore, and become inspired by their learning. I am a prime example of a student who felt failed by the educational systems structure. I attended a academically gifted and talented school, and although I was smart enough to get into the school, I did not feel the school made a good effort to meet my learning style, or the various learning styles of my peers.

Currently, in my classes I have incorporated course a course management system that has been working wonderful. My students are engaged, they are taking ownership of their learning, and they are excited about using PLE and Web 2.0 tools. Introducing those resources to my students has opened up doors and has changed our entire learning environment from a traditional cookie cutter classroom, to a more authentic learning environment for my students.

The main component I would like to see in 21st century classrooms in the complete integration of technology, and technology enriched classrooms, extensive professional development for educators regarding multiple intelligences, and brain based learning, so that they will be able to enhance their classrooms to meet the needs of all students.

One of the key component of 21st century classrooms is to provide students with an authentic learning experience. Students leave classrooms excited about learning, excited about the opportunities they will have in the future, and excited about what the relevance to their own lives.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear more about what you are doing in your classroom:) I am so excited to hear how things are changing for you! Great post.

    ReplyDelete